Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guest Post!

June 26

Sinsheim

Women’s Fifa World Cup 2011 France vs. Nigeria

Its official, the blogger has passed on her pen to her sister. That is me! Besides, her and our mom didn’t
go to the soccer game as you read in previous post. (To tell you the truth I bet they wish they did now). Editor's note: No I don't. The bar in Sinsheim was way too awesome.Anyhow, so she begged and prayed and got down on one knee to ask her favorite only little sister if she could partake in the blog and compose a post about the soccer game. Of course, her little sister couldn’t resist, even though it has been 2 weeks since we have arrived back in the states and I am just sitting down and with all my might composing this post. Enough chat let's get to the meat of this post, the world cup game.

First off, a side note, dad and I went to technically the first game of the world cup, because the Germany
game was that night with all the opening ceremonies and such. The soccer match was set at Reinarch
Arena in Sinsheim at 3:00. Dad and I after being dropped off close to the stadium walked and arrived at
about 1:00 that day, before the stadium officials even opened up the stadium. Getting to the arena so
early, we were able to walk around and explore the outside of the arena. (Which had nothing special.)
Then officials finally let people into the arena, so dad and I joined the line to enter. After grabbing a
quick bite of lunch and taking a massive load of pictures, dad and I decided to go journey toward are
seats that were pretty good in row 7. We walked into the stadium at the perfect time, because I got to
get a couple of pictures of the French team arriving off their bus. (I thought I even got a better view of
all the cheering, waving flagged French fans that were parked outside the stadium).

Now for the kick off at 3:00 the game begins. Watching the game and being there, that is what soccer
is all about and the world cup is all about. There were no words that could describe the feeling I had
in my heart. People cheering for both teams no matter what, players getting the fans fired up and vice
versa; even the wave was started numerous time through the crowd. The first half of the game was
a battle back and forth; both France and Nigeria looked to be trying to get stuff going but then would
be stopped. The half-time whistle blew and the score was nothing but a couple of goose eggs. The
beginning of the second half seemed to be turning tides and France started to keep the pressure on
Nigeria, until finally they scored. The French broke the barrier and kept the pressure on, but couldn’t
capitalize on any other opportunities. Finally the whistle blew and the game was drawn to a close,
France had beaten Nigeria 1-0. I had experienced a true world cup game and it was everything I had ever
dreamed of and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment